Our mutual safety is a priority whether the situation involves lightning and rain or contagious illness! Our weather and safety protocols are as follows:
LOCATIONS AND TIMING
One-on-one lessons will be conducted at a mutually convenient location; classes and small group rides will take place at appropriate trailheads and neighborhoods.
Lessons and classes can be scheduled for Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Hours will vary based on planned group rides, small group classes, or other events. Contact us for more information or see the event listings for dates.
Safety protocols for all one-on-one lessons and small classes will be in effect. See below for details. These protocols are subject to modification as necessary.
ALL OUTSIDE LESSONS ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- For young learn-to-ride students, Bike Fun prefers to schedule during dry weather. For young adult and adult learn-to-ride students, Bike Fun can work in light rain conditions.
- Bike Fun makes all attempts to schedule lessons during good weather windows, but sometimes it is necessary to reschedule due to weather. We try to provide 24 hour advance notice, though storms can be unpredictable at times. Your flexibility is appreciated as we work for a safe learning environment for everyone.
IF YOU FEEL SICK, STAY HOME!
- If the student is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled. Please try to give 24 hours notice.
- If the instructor is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled. We will try to give 24 hours notice.
MASKS ARE OPTIONAL DURING THE ACTUAL OUTDOOR BICYCLE LESSON.
- Bicycle lessons and classes will be conducted outdoors.
- If you wish to wear a mask during the lesson, and request that the instructor wears one as well, please let them know!
- These are also subject to local and county mask ordinances.
BIKES WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO CONDUCTING THE LESSON.
- If you are bringing your own bicycle to the lesson or class, the instructor will perform an ABC Quick Check on the bike and ensure the bike is ready to ride.
- Uncertain if the bike is safe? Bring the bike to a bike shop for a once-over before the lesson.
- If the student is borrowing a bicycle from Bike Fun, the bike will be ready to ride at the time of the lesson.
PLEASE LIMIT ATTENDEES.
- To more fully permit focus and concentration, please limit persons accompanying student(s) to 2 or fewer where possible.
- For small group classes, we are limiting to 10 or fewer students in-person.
- For group rides, we will attempt to split groups up into 10 or fewer with a ride leader and a sweep for each group.
BRING WATER OR SPORTS DRINK – AVOID DEHYDRATION!
- Especially during the summer months.
- Consider bringing an easily-digestible snack like a banana, orange, or fruit bar to provide quick boosts of energy as needed.
- Unless otherwise stated, Bike Fun does not provide water or snacks.