Our mutual safety is a priority whether the situation involves lightning and rain or contagious illness!
LOCATIONS AND TIMING
One-on-one lessons will be conducted at a mutually convenient location; classes and small group rides will take place at appropriate trailheads and neighborhoods.
Safety protocols for all one-on-one lessons and small classes will be in effect. See below for details. These protocols are subject to modification as necessary.
IF YOU FEEL SICK, STAY HOME!
- If the student is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- If KJ is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled. (Currently, KJ is the only teacher on staff at Bike Fun.)
MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED, DURING THE ACTUAL OUTDOOR BICYCLE LESSON.
- There are times when it is necessary for KJ, as the teacher, to be closer than 6 feet to a student. Masks will be recommended to be worn during the lesson when the activity calls for extended periods of proximity.
- If you wish to wear a mask during the lesson, and request that KJ wears one as well, please let her know!
- These are also subject to local and county mask ordinances.
I’VE ALREADY BEEN VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19, DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING?
- If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, current CDC guidelines stipulate you do not need to wear a mask or face covering outside. KJ has been fully vaccinated as of late April.
BIKES WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO CONDUCTING THE LESSON.
- If you are bringing your own bicycle to the lesson or class, KJ will perform a safety check on the bike; she will ensure the bike is safe to ride.
- If the student is borrowing a bicycle from Bike Fun, the bike will be ready to ride at the time of the lesson.
PLEASE LIMIT ATTENDEES.
- To more fully permit focus and concentration, please limit persons accompanying student(s) to 2 or fewer where possible.
- For small group classes, we are limiting to 10 or fewer students in-person.
- For group rides, we will attempt to split groups up into 10 or fewer with a ride leader and a sweep for each group.
BRING WATER OR SPORTS DRINK – AVOID DEHYDRATION!
- Especially during the summer months.
- Consider bringing an easily-digestible snack like a banana, orange, or fruit bar to provide quick boosts of energy as needed.
- Unless otherwise stated, Bike Fun does not provide water or snacks.
ALL OUTSIDE LESSONS ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- Bike Fun makes all attempts to schedule lessons during good weather windows, but sometimes it is necessary to reschedule due to weather.