Starting July 11th, 2020, Bike Fun is up and running again in order to bring the joy of bicycle riding to people in Middle Tennessee.
One-on-one lessons will be conducted at a mutually convenient location; classes and small group rides will take place at appropriate trailheads and neighborhoods.
Safety protocols for all one-on-one lessons and small classes will be in effect. See below for details. These protocols are subject to modification as necessary.
IF YOU FEEL SICK, STAY HOME!
- If the student is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- If KJ is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled. (Currently, KJ is the only teacher on staff at Bike Fun.)
MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED DURING THE ACTUAL BICYCLE LESSON.
- There are times when it is necessary for KJ, as the teacher, to be closer than 6 feet to a student. Therefore, masks will be required to be worn during the lesson. After the lesson, when we can be physically distant outside, masks can be optional. These are also subject to local and county mask ordinances.
BIKES WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO CONDUCTING THE LESSON.
- If you are bringing your own bicycle to the lesson or class, KJ will perform a safety check on the bike; wearing gloves as appropriate, she will wipe down the bicycle touch points with disinfectant and ensure the bike is safe to ride.
- If the student is borrowing a bicycle from Bike Fun, the bike will be ready to ride and will be wiped down on the bicycle touch points with disinfectant before starting the lesson.
PLEASE LIMIT ATTENDEES.
- Where possible, only 1 other person will be permitted on-site in addition to the student during a one-on-one lesson.
- For small group classes, we are limiting to 5 or fewer students in-person.
- For siblings or quaranpod friends, lessons will be conducted SEPARATELY. No joint lessons are to be offered at this time.
BRING WATER OR SPORTS DRINK – AVOID DEHYDRATION!
- Especially during the summer months.
- Consider bringing an easily-digestible snack like a banana, orange, or fruit bar to provide quick boosts of energy as needed.
ALL OUTSIDE LESSONS ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- Bike Fun makes all attempts to schedule lessons during good weather windows, but sometimes it is necessary to reschedule due to weather.