Our mutual safety is a priority whether the situation involves lightning and rain or contagious illness! Our weather and safety protocols are as follows:
LOCATIONS AND TIMING
One-on-one lessons will be conducted at a mutually convenient location; classes and small group rides will take place at appropriate trailheads and neighborhoods.
Safety protocols for all one-on-one lessons and small classes will be in effect. See below for details. These protocols are subject to modification as necessary.
IF YOU FEEL SICK, STAY HOME!
- If the student is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled.
- If KJ is not feeling physically well, the lesson will be rescheduled. (Currently, KJ is the only teacher on staff at Bike Fun.)
MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE OPTIONAL DURING THE ACTUAL OUTDOOR BICYCLE LESSON.
- There are times when it is necessary for KJ, as the teacher, to be closer than 6 feet to a student. Masks will be recommended to be worn during the lesson when the activity calls for extended periods of proximity.
- Bicycle lessons and classes will be conducted outdoors until further notice.
- If you wish to wear a mask during the lesson, and request that KJ wears one as well, please let her know!
- These are also subject to local and county mask ordinances.
I’VE ALREADY BEEN VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19, DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING?
- If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, current CDC guidelines stipulate you do not need to wear a mask or face covering outside. KJ has been fully vaccinated as of late April 2021.
BIKES WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO CONDUCTING THE LESSON.
- If you are bringing your own bicycle to the lesson or class, KJ will perform a safety check on the bike; she will ensure the bike is safe to ride.
- If the student is borrowing a bicycle from Bike Fun, the bike will be ready to ride at the time of the lesson.
PLEASE LIMIT ATTENDEES.
- To more fully permit focus and concentration, please limit persons accompanying student(s) to 2 or fewer where possible.
- For small group classes, we are limiting to 10 or fewer students in-person.
- For group rides, we will attempt to split groups up into 10 or fewer with a ride leader and a sweep for each group.
BRING WATER OR SPORTS DRINK – AVOID DEHYDRATION!
- Especially during the summer months.
- Consider bringing an easily-digestible snack like a banana, orange, or fruit bar to provide quick boosts of energy as needed.
- Unless otherwise stated, Bike Fun does not provide water or snacks.
ALL OUTSIDE LESSONS ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- Bike Fun makes all attempts to schedule lessons during good weather windows, but sometimes it is necessary to reschedule due to weather. We try to provide 24 hour advance notice, though storms can be unpredictable at times. Your flexibility is appreciated as we work for a safe learning environment for everyone.