Bike Fun offers reasonable rates for one-on-one instruction and group classes.
All instruction is conducted outdoors and is weather dependent.
One-on-One Bicycle Instruction Rates
- $60 per hour for 1 student
- $90 per hour for 2 students
(note: sliding scale rates are available on a case-by-case basis)
One-on-one lesson topics have included:
- general bike sizing (to ensure comfort and safety)
- learn-to-ride (at any age)
- instruction on safe riding techniques and emergency maneuvers
- instruction on basic bike maintenance
- general confidence building and goal setting
- bicycle transportation
Bike Fun travels within a 20 mile radius of downtown Nashville, TN; additional mileage may incur a nominal fee.
Open Enrollment Class Rates
- $10-15 sliding scale donation for all ages learn to ride
- $20-30 sliding scale donation for all ages intermediate riding skills
- $25-35 sliding scale donation for all ages basic bike maintenance
Bike Fun schedules small group classes for learn to ride, intermediate riding skills, and basic bicycle maintenance. These classes have limited enrollment (5 or fewer for on-bike instruction, 10 or fewer for basic bicycle maintenance) and are based on a sliding scale donation – typically $10-35 per student per class. Scholarships are available for each class based on family income. We offer open enrollment classes from April-November. If a student wants further individual instruction after a class, they can opt to take a private lesson for a reduced rate.
Private Group Bicycle Class Rates
$40 per hour per person; minimum 3 riders – maximum 5 riders – not applicable for youth learn-to-ride instruction.
Group instruction topics have included:
- safe riding techniques and emergency maneuvers
- basic bike maintenance
- commuting and errand routes
- greenway and vehicular riding
- emergency roadside repair
- goal setting and training
Business rates for group classes are negotiable based on curricula and number of attendees. University student group instruction also available.
Group classes can be on-bike or classroom style.
Group Bicycle Ride Rates
Bike Fun will plan open community rides or small fee group rides (sometimes with a food- or destination-related theme). We love to partner with other local and regional group rides, so be in touch if you want to collaborate! Group bicycle rides are typically no charge though donations are always gratefully accepted.
Check the event calendar for upcoming rides.
We will generally ride in all types of weather, year-round, though in the case of strong storm or lightning potential we will postpone or cancel the ride. We will update the event calendar in the case of a cancellation and will also post on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.